[asterisk-users] Fax Degium channel License

Khaled W. Chehab kchehab at xplorium.com
Wed Oct 27 04:11:40 CDT 2010

Dears ,

I am running asterisk version 1.6.0.6 with asterisk Fax Version
1.6.0_1.0.10,

I installed on it two channels  (one  Fax for Asterisk channel and one  Free
Fax for Asterisk)

My  license files located at  /var/lib/asterisk/licenses/

The two channels was working fine until I restart my PC,I did not change
anyof my  network cards or mac Address ,

How can I  reload the channel license and have 2 licnesed channels instaed
of one.

NB: Asterisk is send Fax normally but  with one channel

root at pbx:~ $ cd /var/lib/asterisk/licenses/

root at pbx:/var/lib/asterisk/licenses $ ls

FAX-35E96E77.lic  FFA-0D3BC45F.lic  FFA-270245D3.lic

pbx*CLI> module reload res_fax_digium.so

    -- Reloading module 'res_fax_digium.so' (Digium G.711 and T.38 Fax
Technologies (optimized for pentium4m_32))

  == res_fax_digium Host-ID:
12:17:67:b7:fc:d3:dc:f4:00:e3:65:72:bc:e2:8c:ad:9b:6b:ab:13

  == Found total of 1 Fax for Asterisk licenses

  == res_fax_digium limiting support to 1 sessions

pbx*CLI> module load res_fax.so

Unable to load module res_fax.so

Command 'module load res_fax.so ' failed.

pbx*CLI> fax show version

Fax For Asterisk Components:

        Applications: 1.6.0_1.0.12

        Digium Fax T.38 Driver: 1.6.0_1.0.10 (optimized for pentium4m_32)

        Digium Fax G.711 Driver: 1.6.0_1.0.10 (optimized for pentium4m_32)

pbx*CLI>

Digium T.38

Licensed Channels    : 1

Digium G.711

No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Xplorium with another party by e-mail without express written confirmation by an officer of Xplorium. Any views expressed by an individual in this electronic message do not necessarily reflect views of Xplorium or its subsidiaries and associates.

This electronic message and its attachments are solely addressed to the addressee(s), and contain confidential information protected from disclosure belonging to Xplorium.

If you are not the intended addressee of this electronic message and its attachments, kindly delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender by electronic mail. You must not copy this message or attachment or disclose its content to any other person.

Xplorium does not guarantee the integrity of this electronic message and any of its attachments, or that they are free from computer viruses or other defects.