[asterisk-users] Best way to recording the hold time for a Queue agent or an extension

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Oct 25 10:24:21 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Bruce B
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 10:07 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Best way to recording the hold time for a
Queue agent or an extension

Thanks for the input.

Would I have to process each call through a specific dial-plan for the AMI
to be in charge of each call so that it can see the Unique ID of the channel
and the Hold event? Because that seems like a lot of work. If AMI (I have no
experience with it) allows me to open a socket and just read whatever comes
through then it might work for me.

In my experience, AMI is "agnostic" to how many calls it is handling.
Therefore you would identify each call by getting the uniqueid from the
answer event and assigning the remaining events to that call by matching
(whether it would be 1, 100 or 1000 calls).