[asterisk-users] Best way to recording the hold time for a Queue agent or an extension

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Oct 25 09:47:26 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Bruce B
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 9:32 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Best way to recording the hold time for a
Queue agent or an extension

Thanks for the feedback. I don't need the Queue times but rather putting ON
HOLD times. If you press the HOLD button on your SIP phone, Asterisk records
the event Music On HOLD Playing and that is recorded in
/var/log/asterisk/full. I want to harvest the ON HOLD time per phone SET.

Thanks

Again, the AMI would be your most likely help here.  The information in
/v/l/a/full is going to give you a start and stop time for MOH, but not in a
format where you can easily tie it back to an extension.  You will have a
"start moh" and "stop moh" event in the AMI that is tied to an extension by
the uniqueid.  In "PERL Weenie" world, the way to process this is to pipe
the AMI output where it is an input file keyed by the uniqueid.  You can
find some decent examples on voip-info.org.