[asterisk-users] Licensing of Default MOH

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Oct 22 07:24:08 CDT 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> I think you are the first person ever to ask this question. Of course you
> can use them, they are royalty free for a purpose.

Not the first person and I recall that the music source was changed
recently due to some countries not honouring the royalty free status of
the original MoH files..

Just have a look at the CREDITS and LICENSE files in the MoH directory to
get the proper definitions and sources.

E.G. The LICENSE file:

   These files are distributed under the Creative Commons
   Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license through explicit permission from their
   authors.

   The license can be found at:

My customers are regularly called by the PRS cartel in the UK (or whatever
they're called now) asking what their source of hold music is...

Gordon