[asterisk-users] FFA SendFax rejects T.38 reINVITE (488 Not acceptable here)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Oct 21 09:13:02 CDT 2010

On 10/20/2010 09:35 AM, VoIP Question wrote:
> Thank you Kevin,
>
> We'll upgrade our server to 1.6.2.12 and try again.
>
> Another question: Is there (expect for the admin guide that we didn't
> succeed to understand the example in) an example somewhere for
> ReceiveFax full extensions.conf diaplan? We would like to allocate one
> of the extensions that our SIP provider gives us to a fax storage server
> or later to email.

The ReceiveFAX example in the Fax For Asterisk administrator's guide is
very straightforward and easy to follow... if you don't understand it,
then you'll need to spend some time learning how the Asterisk dialplan
works. I would highly recommend reading the O'Reilly Asterisk book
(which you can read online for free)... while it is based on Asterisk
1.4, the dialplan concepts documented in it have not changed much in
Asterisk 1.6, and gaining that basic understanding will go a long way
towards helping you be able to resolve these issues on your own.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com