[asterisk-users] FFA SendFax rejects T.38 reINVITE (488 Not acceptable here)

VoIP Question voip.question at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:35:27 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>wrote:

> This was fixed in Asterisk 1.6.2.12 and later releases, so if you were
> running the current version, you wouldn't have experienced this specific
> problem. This was listed in the ChangeLog for 1.6.2.12, but
> unfortunately the commit message the developer wrote did not explain why
> the change was made or what problem it was addressing, so you wouldn't
> have noticed it.
>
> In any case, upgrading to 1.6.2.12 or later will cure this problem.
>
> I upgraded to 1.6.2.13 and now we get this error (with a specific
destination, to which we occasionally need to send faxes):

WARNING[857]: udptl.c:1087 ast_udptl_write: (SIP/XXXXXXXXXXX): UDPTL asked
to send 50 bytes of IFP when far end only prepared to accept 30 bytes; data
loss will occur.You may need to override the T38FaxMaxDatagram value for
this endpoint in the channel driver configuration.

How can we fix it, without risking incompatibility with other end-points?
What's a "channel driver configuration" and where is it?

Thank you.

Michael