[asterisk-users] Recommendation for a new server

Sebastien Thomas lists at amplisys.ca
Thu Oct 21 08:13:15 CDT 2010

I just put in an HP DL360 G6 for a client spec with a Sangoma 4x PRI, a Sangoma 4x FXS and about 150 devices.  Running live now on 1x PRI approx 20-calls and 60 phones, load is at zero.

We went with the base machine Xeon 5500 + 4GB RAM, 2x PS, 2x HD (raid mirror)... about 3K$ but Im certain we are overspec'ed as we are not transcoding and the echo cancel is on the Sangoma board.  Client has a rack full of HP, so they preferred to stay branded and "be safe" when it comes to the specs.

Only hiccup I had with rackmounts and FXS cards is that the Sangoma boards need a molex connector which are nowhere to be found on the HPs due to the proprietary power connectors.  We ended up cutting out the PCI card's backplate and running a molex-only power cable right into the UPS.

Besides the price, the HP machines are pretty swell.

Seb