[asterisk-users] How to kill AMI ORIGINATE on-the-fly

Godson Gera godson.g at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 06:38:49 CDT 2010

That would be really difficult to do, to keep track of all three channel
events while they are originating and to hangup the failed ones .

Easy solution in asterisk for this would be to originate using Local channel
and in dialplan use Dial command to make call to all the operators using '&'
operator. And dial command automatically hangups rest of the channels if one
channel succeeds.

http://blog.godson.in/2010/10/asterisk-vs-freeswitch-channel-tracking.html

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 6:19 AM, Valter Nogueira <vgnogueira at gmail.com>wrote:

> My application fires several calls thru AMI ORIGINATE command.
>
> For example if I have 3 operators I do 3 ORIGINATEs.
>
> My trouble is when one operator quit for some reason, I should kill the
> corresponding ORIGINATE.
>
> Of course, I could let the call ring and hangup after the customer pick-up.
>
> But this is not the case, I do have to kill the corresponding ORIGINATE.
>
> I could execute a soft hangup, but I am not aware the channel that
> ORIGINATE is using until customer either pick-up or not answer - generating
> a OriginateResponse event.
>
> I have tried to send a STATUS command on the ActionId, but the answer is
> assync and I can't trust on it.
>
> I would appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Valter