[asterisk-users] How to kill AMI ORIGINATE on-the-fly

Valter Nogueira vgnogueira at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:49:52 CDT 2010

My application fires several calls thru AMI ORIGINATE command.

For example if I have 3 operators I do 3 ORIGINATEs.

My trouble is when one operator quit for some reason, I should kill the
corresponding ORIGINATE.

Of course, I could let the call ring and hangup after the customer pick-up.

But this is not the case, I do have to kill the corresponding ORIGINATE.

I could execute a soft hangup, but I am not aware the channel that ORIGINATE
is using until customer either pick-up or not answer - generating a
OriginateResponse event.

I have tried to send a STATUS command on the ActionId, but the answer is
assync and I can't trust on it.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Valter