[asterisk-users] Asterisk to switch on electric heaters remotely?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Oct 19 11:10:22 CDT 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:09:50 +0200, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>I'm sure someone has already tried this: I use a couple of electric
>heaters to heat my office.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Following Steve Edward's
advice, I won't automate the process and will only switch the heaters
on manually by dialing into the IVR or sending an e-mail. It's an
individual office to which I have the only key, so there's no risk of
the heaters eg. being covered with clothes.

I'll check the following sites X10 and Arduino, and the other
resources mentionned above.