[asterisk-users] IAX2 works one direction, but not the other...

Cassius Smith cassius at cassius.org
Mon Oct 18 18:41:26 CDT 2010

I'm having trouble getting an IAX2 connection between a couple of
servers. I
can make calls from server B to server A, but when I call from Server A
to server
B, I get "No authority found".

If I remove serverA's password on ServerB's iax.conf, calls will go
through as "UNAUTHENTICATED".

On ServerA I am running Asterisk 1.6.2.9
On ServerB I'm running 1.6.2.13

Any hints for me?
The registrations in both directions seem to work fine when I do an iax2
reload from the CLI.

config file snips shown below.
Thanks
Cassius Smith
=====================================

On server B, I have the following:
[general]
register => serverB:longsecretpassword2 at ServerA_IP

[serverA]
type=friend
host=dynamic
auth=md5
secret=longsecretpassword1
context=no911

[serverB]
type=friend
host=dynamic
auth=md5
secret=longsecretpassword2 ; if I remove this, calls go through as
UNAUTHENTICATED
context=no911

On server A, I have the following:
[general]
register => serverA:longsecretpassword1 at ServerB_IP

[serverB]
type=friend
host=dynamic
auth=md5