[asterisk-users] Detect incoming fax on PSTN and route to fax machine on DADHI extension?

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 17 02:59:00 CDT 2010

mù:l;:kj,nb   hgyuè

2010/10/16 Frank Tarczynski <ftarz at mindspring.com>

>  I'm running an AsteriskNow V1.7.1 with both a PSTN connection and fax
> machine.  Both are connected to a DAHDI board.  I'd like to route
> incoming PSTN fax calls to the extension of the fax machine and process
> non-fax calls through different dialplan.logic.
>
> What's the best way to go about doing this?  I've looked into Fax for
> Asterisk, bit I'm not sure that I want it or NVFax detection.
>
> Any pointers to share?

Hi,

The trouble with using the same DID for both voice and fax calls is with the
way fax priority seems to function, user experience is a bit rough:
- user phone is ringing
- user answers and hear a brief tone while fax detection happens
- then user is hearing an hangup tone (while the fax is received in another
channel)

What is missing here is the possibility to playback a message to end user
instead of playing a tone.

If you find a way to work around this, please, do not hesitate to share.

Regards