[asterisk-users] drop dead fix

Mark Deneen mdeneen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:32:32 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
> End use is Telephone Banking, so you've nailed the "target audience".
>
> BTW, the "highpass" and "lowpass" filters seem to help, but since I stopped
> math at pre-calculus, the explanation of the "Butterworth" filter is "beyond
> my pay grade".  Care to offer a better explanation?

While, officially, I completed up to calculus 3, the serious lack of
use is not helping.  You'd be better off taking the highpass number
from low to high and listen to the difference, and then do the same
for the lowpass number.  Your ears will tell you when you have it
right (you will definitely hear what each one does), and you can still
consider Butterworth inexpensive pancake syrup.

-M