[asterisk-users] drop dead fix

Mark Deneen mdeneen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:02:43 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Danny Nicholas <danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
> [...]

Play them on a telephone so that you know how it will sound to users.
You can't compare them on headphones, because 8000Hz will never sound
as clear as 16KHz or 22KHz.

I've had decent luck using high and low pass filters in sox.

sox in.wav -r 8000 -c 1 out.wav highpass 500 lowpass 4000 resample -ql

The values you pick for highpass and lowpass depend on your recordings.

-M