[asterisk-users] drop dead fix

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Oct 15 09:41:59 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Steve Edwards
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 9:21 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] drop dead fix

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

>               I am about to have to dump Asterisk in favor of some other
> VOIP/PBX solution;  the reason?  I have 304 voice prompts recorded as
> 22Khz wav format files that sound like crumpling paper whenever I
> convert them to the 8Khz wav/gsm format required by Asterisk.  I was
> considering trying the G.729 codec, but reading through the specs, I see
> that the 8Khz conversion is going to dump me into the same pile of
> dung.  Any body have any suggestions?

Can you post a link to a sample "before" and "after" file as well as the
command line you are using to convert the file?

The sox line I am using (version 14.0.1) is
Sox foo.wav -r 8000 -c 1 bar.wav resample -ql

Before I found Audiograbber I used this line
Sox -v 2 foo.wav -r 8000 -c 1 bar.wav resample -ql