[asterisk-users] fraud advice

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 21:49:39 CDT 2010

Jeff,

I suggest talking to your PSTN/VoIP provider. We had a large amount going
through TATA communications and have not accepted their word for payment
because they had a duty to not allow traffic if our credit went down to $1k
while the calls charged were actually more than that.

Unfortunately, probably there is no one you can complain to. But it also
sickens me at how badly Asterisk is made to not cope with situations like
this and worse than that is FreePBX.

I suggest checking your contract terms with your provider as they might have
some sort of restrictions. At the very least PSTN providers try to bring the
price per minute lowered to their buy rate which is usually less than half
of the original bill.

Regards,
Bruce