[asterisk-users] call forwarding callerID

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Oct 14 11:41:52 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gerard
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:24 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] call forwarding callerID

On 10/13/10 14:52, Danny Nicholas wrote:
> I think FOLLOWME is going to "fix this for you"

Can you elaborate please? is this a feature from our carrier? or
something that will be built into asterisk? sounds like a useful fix :)

--
Gerard Saraber
Network Admin.

Check this link
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+FollowMe

A "simpler" solution (perhaps) would be a "forwarding" context like this

[forward-with-announce]
Exten => s,1,dial(DAHDI/g1/w${ARG1},30,mKkTt)
Exten => s,n,playback(followme/call-from)
Exten => s,n,SayDigits(${ARG2})

Exten => 393,1,Set(ARG1=2055551212)
Exten => 393,2,Set(ARG2=${EXTEN})
Exten => 393,3,Goto(forward-with-announce,s,1)

Dependent on carrier and other considerations, you can also "spoof" the
caller-id.  That's a different google-search.