[asterisk-users] MySQL and Channel Event Logging

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Wed Oct 13 23:17:29 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Sherwood McGowan <
sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Paul Belanger <
> paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Sherwood McGowan
>> <sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hey all, sorry if this has been covered, but I've not found anything
>> after a
>> > couple hours' worth of googling. I can see (and I'm familiar with) all
>> the
>> > usual MySQL addon apps once I install Asterisk 1.8.x, but I cannot find
>> any
>> > reference to MySQL and the new CEL logging tool other than ODBC. Is this
>> the
>> > only method available to use MySQL with CEL at this time?
>> >
>> Looking at the CEL config files, I don't see one specifically for
>> MySQL.  I do have it up and running via ODBC, for what it's worth.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Belanger | dCAP
>>
> Thanks mate, I appreciate the reply. That's what I've seen from looking at
> the configs right now.

When I wrote the CEL backends, I probably skipped the MySQL stuff, because
it would be in the "addons" stuff
for Asterisk.

But, if you look at the similarities between the CEL backends, and the CDR
backends, you'll probably
notice that you could pump out a myseql backend with the same mods in a
short amount of time.

I would be curious to see how you plan to use that table! Have you mapped
out your sql statements yet?

murf

--
Steve Murphy