[asterisk-users] 401 Unauthorized with Snom but not with Zoiper softphone

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Fri Oct 8 02:04:31 CDT 2010

On 10/07/2010 06:50 PM, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 02:57:27PM +0200, Jonas Kellens wrote:
>
>> nat=yes is set as a global parameter and also in the realtime MySQL
>> sip_buddies database I have for every peer nat=yes.
>>
>> I then find it very strange that when placing these Snom phones in my
>> environment (for configuration) work very well, and then when I hook
>> them up at the site there is trouble with nat. I'm also behind nat here...
>>
> I have never seen this problem before with Snom M3 and different routers
> (Linux/Cisco or stupid SpeedTouches) without any
> connection NAT helpers for SIP enabled. I'd say you should try the
> difference values for nat to see if one works with the NAT gateway or
> use STUN like suggested elsewhere.

What STUN-server can I use then ?! Asterisk is no STUN-server I guess
and is there then something like a public STUN-server ?!

I have never experienced problems with NAT...

The different options for nat are :
nat=yes|no|never|route
Correct ?!

Some extra information : when using TELNET to my public Asterisk server
on port 5060, then there is no response. This means that the answer is
blocked somewhere, right ?! Maybe on ISP-level ?! Is that plausible ?!

Jonas.