[asterisk-users] 401 Unauthorized with Snom but not with Zoiper softphone

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Thu Oct 7 11:50:07 CDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 02:57:27PM +0200, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> nat=yes is set as a global parameter and also in the realtime MySQL
> sip_buddies database I have for every peer nat=yes.
>
> I then find it very strange that when placing these Snom phones in my
> environment (for configuration) work very well, and then when I hook
> them up at the site there is trouble with nat. I'm also behind nat here...

I have never seen this problem before with Snom M3 and different routers
(Linux/Cisco or stupid SpeedTouches) without any
connection NAT helpers for SIP enabled. I'd say you should try the
difference values for nat to see if one works with the NAT gateway or
use STUN like suggested elsewhere.

--

   Daniel Tryba