[asterisk-users] ADA: DOA?

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 10:43:24 CDT 2010

On 06/10/10 20:25, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> Hey, all.  While ADA can still be downloaded, that's about all that I see.
>   No development, no recent mention, and -- perhaps worst of all -- it
> appears not to work properly under 64-bit systems.  So, assuming Digium's
> abandoned it, are there any suggestions of alternatives?  Right now, I'm
> replacing a Shoretel system, and I'd *dearly* love to avoid the incredibly
> fat client they have; if there's something slender -- roughly in the same
> line as ADA -- I'd be very interested, even if it's not free.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ken

It would seem to be a dead project yes, I can't understand why Digium
bought Click2Dial, re-branded it ADA and then stopped doing anything
with it.

I even tried to ask a Digium employee at a VoIP show in the UK about a
year ago what was going on with it but they skirted the question and
tried selling Switchvox to me (which might actually, inadvertently
answer the question ;) ).

cheers,
Paul.