[asterisk-users] SPA-2102 sending local IP instead of WAN IP in SIP packets

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 14:50:56 CDT 2010

Hi Guys,

This is such an annoying issue whenever it comes up. The sender and receive
always receive the source public IP no matter what in the IP packets but
then SIP packets go out with something like 192.168.0.20.

In this instance, a Bell Canada DSL modem is installed and I saw the
SPA-2102 register properly but only to fail later on due to sending it's LAN
IP to the Asterisk server.

So, I put NAT=yes and NAT_ALIVE=yes but that didn't help at all. I also put
the device on DMZ in the Bell Canada DSL modem and still the same issue.

I am wondering when would manufacturers finally fully comply the SIP RFC?!

I don't have the luxury to put SIP proxy, do a VPN, install a server or
anything on client site.

Diagram:

Asterisk Server <= Internet = Bell Canada Modem => SPA2102

Please send me your suggestions on how to fix this if you have this type of
experience with SPA-2102

Thanks for the input,
Bruce