[asterisk-users] Difference

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Oct 6 11:28:22 CDT 2010

I find 1.6.2.13 version is stable for trunk call routing, and it should
be too for basic call center use. The asterisk team has made some
architectural improvements (moving to astobj2 a lot of internal
structures, and much more you may not see from a user perspective) but
given the several environment and different use cases, fear to upgrade
or proven 1.4 stability for the job, the people usually don't upgrade or
make it slowly with a lot of previous tests before making the jump.

If you use FAX, I recommend you 1.6.2 or later. The app_fax module is
far better than the ast-agx-addons for 1.4.

The good old (now unsupported) 1.2 works for many people, ask Steve.

So it's up to you.

Cheers,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina