[asterisk-users] Registering Multiple Trunks to Service Provider

Ujjval Karihaloo ujjval at simplesignal.com
Mon Oct 4 13:32:50 CDT 2010

We have multiple entries like the one below in our users.conf file... where the username. Contact and secret changes for different customers and we register on their behalf to the Service Provider.

For the trunk below: when the call is placed out, Asterisk (1.4.18) sends the username of "abc.com" in the MD5 Auth .....which obviously does not match the trunk setup for this Customer with our Service Provider (username below is 3035551122)

I don't see anywhere any config file the username = abc.com ....where could the asterisk be picking it up from?

We have more than 10 such entries (all with same host = provider.sip.com value) and when as INVITE is challenged, the Asterisk does match the correct trunk and seems to send out correct Auth credentials...but not the one below..

[trunk_1]
;register to SP
allow = ulaw
;context = test