[asterisk-users] Asterisk with MySQL Cluster

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 22:10:13 CST 2010

For me OpenSIPS will do most of the work.  Asterisk will only handle Hunt
Groups/Queues, IVRs, and Voicemail when OpenSIPS forwards that traffic to
Asterisk.  And since I already have MySQL Cluster working in a redundant
fashion I am not sure I want to try out MMM MySQL.  I do like the idea of
using DNS with hosts file and monitoring the MySQL service on the remote
machine and if the service goes down then rewrite the IP in the hosts file.
I will have to test that out.

If anyone else has any experience I would love to add that to this thread.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Singer X.J. Wang <wang at pythian.com> wrote:

> Most of the solutions there are too complex and not really suited for
> Asterisk's low usage. I would seriously consider using MySQL MMM and two
> MySQL servers in a master-master role. Have the asterisk server also serve
> as the MMM-Manager and its not that hard. You have automated failovers in
> MySQL in the 1-2 second range.
>
> Singer
>

> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 19:51, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Duane Larson <duane.larson at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I have MySQL Cluster set up for OpenSIPS which allows for the best
>> Redundant
>> > High-Availability.  I was wondering if it's possible for Asterisk to
>> also
>> > use multiple database servers for Realtime?  Currently with Realtime I
>> am
>> > only able to point to a single IP address for a database.  If that
>> database
>> > server goes down that Asterisk is pointed to then Asterisk won't be able
>> > do anything.  Any options within Asterisk 1.8 to make it more fault
>> tolerant
>> > when it comes to Realtime and databases?
>>
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ha-overview.html
>>
>> It's a fair amount of work for what in my opinion is a minimal reward.
>> If you've hardened everything else and this is the only single point
>> of failure left in your entire infrastructure, you should be able to
>> sleep well at night.
>>
>> --
>>

>  --
> The best compliment you could give Pythian for our service is a referral.
>

> --

Duane