[asterisk-users] Firewalling and Asterisk

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Mon Nov 29 10:03:11 CST 2010

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010, Jeremy Kister wrote:

> On 11/28/2010 12:03 PM, Silver Thorne wrote:
>> So, I am wondering if anyone has a firewall/IP tables statement that
>> keep out unauthorised users? No one seems to get in as we use really
>
> http://jeremy.kister.net/code/iptables/
>
> if you already have an iptables configuration, the "throttle" section is
> important.  if not, the iptables.init script can likely drop in place.
>
> if you only need north-american ip addresses to talk to your asterisk
> box, i suggest you also run the make-non-na.pl from cron every week.

+1 Jeremy - these scripts, for NA PBXes, are perfect (and even without the
heavy handed blocking of the rest of the world, the iptables stuff is
invaluable).

If I am digesting it correctly, this set of iptables rules does exactly
what fail2ban would do, minus the logging, and without the overhead of a
scripting language, correct?

Love it!