[asterisk-users] sip echo server

Ali Khalfan ali.khalfan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 11:59:33 CST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] sip echo server
From: Steve Edwards <asterisk.org at sedwards.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Date: Sat 27 Nov 2010 12:43:57 PM EST

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Ali Khalfan wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to find a way to setup a SIP server that will mainly echo
>> back a request from one agent only,
>>
>> my question is do i need to setup any of the other conf files besides
>> extensions.conf and sip.conf?
>
> 0) Posting the same request an hour later doesn't speed up responses.

I apologize, I have assumed that my e-mails (including the ones) I sent
yesterday were not being received) since I haven't seen my own e-mails
in the list, I see there has been a reply there too, thank you for that
(and Robert Thomas)

> I'm still not sure what you are asking for. Are you wanting to pick up a
> SIP [hard|soft] phone, dial an extension and hear yourself talk? If so,
> the relevant configuration files will be:

yes, this is exactly what i want, although i only need a softphone