[asterisk-users] sip echo server

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Nov 27 11:43:57 CST 2010

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Ali Khalfan wrote:

> I'm trying to find a way to setup a SIP server that will mainly echo
> back a request from one agent only,
>
> my question is do i need to setup any of the other conf files besides
> extensions.conf and sip.conf?

0) Posting the same request an hour later doesn't speed up responses.

I'm still not sure what you are asking for. Are you wanting to pick up a
SIP [hard|soft] phone, dial an extension and hear yourself talk? If so,
the relevant configuration files will be:

1) modules.conf - if app_echo.so is not loaded. If 'core show application
echo' works, this is not an issue.

2) sip.conf - to authenticate the [hard|soft] phone and to specify where
in extensions.conf calls from that user will start.

3) extensions.conf - to define the context referenced in sip.conf and to
execute the echo() application.

--
Thanks in advance,