[asterisk-users] Incoming calls through SS7 for data modemtransmissions - possible??

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Wed Nov 24 19:59:13 CST 2010

I am not sure where you are and what legal conventions are involved.

Are you saying the Telco (and legal restrictions) say you can’t send calls
to the internet via the AS5300 but you can if Asterisk does it directly?
What is the “logic” in that?

Or are they saying your Telco to Asterisk trunks have to be SS7 controlled?

Or are you concerned about Asterisk handling the TDM to IP conversion in an
adequate manner?

I am not sure/aware myself that Asterisk will do a modem to IP conversion.
I think in your example the AS5300 is doing that.

What is the Telco’s problem in doing what the customer was doing before?

Feel free to correspond directly if you want to.

Cary Fitch

  _____