[asterisk-users] Why doesn't Asterisk project document certain important features of Asterisk officially?

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Wed Nov 24 11:30:16 CST 2010

On Wednesday 24 November 2010 11:07:40 Bruce B wrote:
> This is not to bash the Asterisk project or Digium. Don't respond if you
> have a difference of opinion as I am not looking for personal opinions
> but rather JUST WONDERING THE TECHNICAL/TACTICAL CAUSE of not
> documenting thing that are really hidden from the community and one has
> to go through a much manual process to find out about.

It's not a tactical or even a conscious decision.  The documentation arose
at voip-info organically, from the days when there was only a single
committer to Asterisk.  There's never been much of a coordinated attempt
to replace that resource, mostly due to the large amount of labor that we
would need.  There are certainly efforts to document Asterisk and keep the
documentation up to date (see the Asterisk Documentation Project).
Anything that you would like to contribute in this regard would be welcome.

--
Tilghman Lesher