[asterisk-users] Someone has hacked into our system

Magosányi Árpád mag at magwas.rulez.org
Mon Nov 22 11:19:39 CST 2010

  Blocking udp 5060 in the packet filter in unwanted directions should
keep asterisk from setting up SIP connections.
The real remedy is to figure out how the hacker got in and close the
backdoor.
I think a lot of us would be interested in what was the vulnerability.
And if it turns out that it was a configuration mistake, don't be shy:
for every mistake you did in your config, there are at least a thousand
people who did the same mistake. You help them (us) by disclosing the
error, and if you have already changed the configuration you should not
have the error at that time.