[asterisk-users] SIP Extensions and loss of Internet connection

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Nov 22 10:44:33 CST 2010

Hi, Alejandro.

> > A few days I have problems connecting to the Internet on my house
> > and since then my local SIP extensions are no longer registered
> > against the local Asterisk server.

> You have to be a bit more specific. For example is your Asterisk box
> behind a router/nat? Or does your asterisk box have two NICs one for
> the public and/or natted IP and one for the LAN? You need to specify
> your exact setup.

Asterisk is not behind the router. The problem I'm having is in the LAN.

As I told Phil, I am experiencing the same problem both from a softphone
on a workstation with fixed IP as a Grandstream phone (which gets
network configuration via DHCP). In both extensions, the Asterisk server
is configured with IP, so in that sense, I don't think the server is
inaccessible to customers.

On the other hand, I made sure to have commented in the sip.conf file
any reference to providers such as Ekiga or iptel, so the server
should not be trying to get to the Internet.

It would appear that the server for some reason was 'locked'. For
example, when I try to register from Twinkle softphone, I get the
following:

lun 13:41:56
Daniel, registration failed: 503 Service Unavailable

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel