[asterisk-users] SIP Extensions and loss of Internet connection

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Nov 22 08:13:21 CST 2010

> > > Does you Asterisk server point to an internal DNS or to your
> > > router ?

> > The /etc/resolv.conf of the host on which I installed Asterisk
> > points to an internal DNS. Is there a parameter in the Asterisk
> > configuration where also I have to "force" the use of an internal
> > DNS server?

> Do your SIP extensions use your internal DNS server ? are they able to
> resolve the IP of your Asterisk server ?  If you enable SIP debugging
> do you see them even try and connect ?

The extensions have configured the Asterisk server by its IP, so I do
not think there is a problem on that side.

To enable debug I should use 'sip set debug'? from the Asterisk CLI? I
do not see any record in the CLI after running this command. However,
from Twinkle, for example, I see the following:

lun 10:49:59
Daniel, registration failed: 503 Service Unavailable

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel