[asterisk-users] Please help me in configuring asterisk for the scenario

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Nov 21 08:13:55 CST 2010

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010, Teithi-Chen-Akira wrote:

> When Mobile user attends an incoming call from asterisk then I want to
> play a recorded voice  and then I want to get four digit request by
> following voice instructions from the user mobile keypad and that input
> can be stored.   I want to know technically whether this scenario is
> possible or not with asterisk? If it is possible then please let me know
> how?

This is a simple task -- after you have the tools :)

Please read Asterisk: The Future of Telephony
(http://downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf)

You will need to write a dialplan using the background (or playback),
read, and mysql (or odbc) applications.

Reading the book is the first step.

--
Thanks in advance,