[asterisk-users] ISDN-FAX with Asterisk

Thorolf Godawa nospam at godawa.de
Thu Nov 18 15:54:53 CST 2010

Hi everybody,

since some time I am looking for a current and reliable solution to send
and receive faxes (probably fax-2-mail and mail-2-fax) in conjunction
with Asterisk.

For testing I am using a HFC-ISDN passive PCI-card, in production a
Digium Dual T1/E1 PCI-card will be used.

I run CentOS 5.5 (Kernel 2.6.18) and Asterisk 1.4 (but I also can use
1.8) but did not find any solution where I think "that's it".

What are you using? mISDN, CAPI4linux, HylaFAX, IAXmodem, chan_misdn, ... ?

Can you point me to the correct direction, may be there are some more or
less current howto's (more current than the ones from 2007 and earlier
you find everywhere in the net)?

Thanks a lot,
--

Chau y hasta luego,