[asterisk-users] Recommended *WRT router to run Asterisk?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Thu Nov 18 15:39:46 CST 2010

AstLinux on various embedded hardware really works well. I have several
on older HP Thin Clients, 55xx series, some with only 128 Meg of ram. A
replacement flash from Transcend and a 55xx of eBay can be easily under $50.
the GUI in AstLinux makes life simple for users who want to make minor
changes.

If you want to go REALLY small, the Dockstar with a 1-2 Gig pen flash
running Debian and 1.6.2.13 in a package not much larger than a pack of
cigarettes

Both run off 12VDC, so backup through power blips is easy.

Either of these, IMO, is a better choice than the WRT on a router.
But then, I don't much care for all the eggs in one basket.

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot