[asterisk-users] Recommended *WRT router to run Asterisk?

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:04:14 CST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM, jon pounder <jonp at inline.net> wrote:

> I have a similar setup in an office but sip directly back to the main
> server - not sure what the value add to the local asterisk is, except
> "intercom" calls would not have to leave the lan, but isn't that the purpose
> of reinvite ?

When I first set it up I was using only SIP connections without an Asterisk
box on the remote end, just like you mentioned.  I had numerous NAT
problems, which I now believe were caused by a really lousy router on the
far end.  Since I'm behind NAT on both ends, I wanted to switch to IAX to
see if that would help.   It did and it was a fun learning experience to get
Asterisk going on such a limited piece of hardware.  Now it just works with
almost no maintenance.

--
Chris