[asterisk-users] Avoiding deadlock

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 21:35:35 CST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Vilius Adamkavicius <
vilius.adamkavicius at invade.net> wrote:

> Hi Chad,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> However I believe decreasing logging, its just like closing your eyes and
> ignoring what happening behind you, the problem is still there. Also
> decreased logging will prevent from troubleshooting any other problems in
> the future.
>
> Would you happen to know any potential causes for this message?

The problem is you were just told by a Digium engineer who knows the code
from many years back that is a debug message and there is nothing to worry
about and you insist in believing this is a problem.

If you want to know what the message means and why you should not worry you
must understand what a lock is, what lock contention is and what a deadlock
is.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham ON L3R 9R6
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x128 | e. moy at sangoma.com