[asterisk-users] Avoiding deadlock

Vilius Adamkavicius vilius.adamkavicius at invade.net
Wed Nov 17 08:56:14 CST 2010

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your suggestions.

However I believe decreasing logging, its just like closing your eyes and
ignoring what happening behind you, the problem is still there. Also
decreased logging will prevent from troubleshooting any other problems in
the future.

Would you happen to know any potential causes for this message?

Regards,
Vilius.

On 16 November 2010 20:13, Chad Wallace <cwallace at lodgingcompany.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:08:45 +0000
> Vilius Adamkavicius <vilius.adamkavicius at invade.net> wrote:
>
> > For some reason we are seeing "Avoiding deadlock for channel" in our
> > Asterisk logs, the logs are getting filled up with an amazing speed
> > around 12000 lines a second, and all of them are "Avoiding deadlock".
> > What could be the potential reason for this to be happening? The
> > Asterisk is used as auto dialler, therefore different channel types
> > are involved SIP, DAHDI, Local's.
> >
> > [Nov 15 14:20:01] DEBUG[21740] channel.c: Avoiding deadlock for
> > channel '0x9f17c88'
>
> Turn off debugging.
>
> On the asterisk CLI, run this command:
>
> core set debug 0
>

> Also, check the command line in your init script, or however you run
> asterisk, and if there is a -d option, remove it.  Otherwise, debugging
> will come back on next time you restart asterisk.
>

> --

Vilius Adamkavicius
InVADE Technical Support

3 Berkeley Crescent, Bristol United Kingdom BS8 1HA

Company Registration Number: 3660482
Registered in England and Wales
this email, and any attachment, is intended only for the attention of the
addressee. Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not
permitted. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies
and inform the sender by return email. If you have received this email in
error, please return it to the sender and highlight the error. We accept no
legal liability for the content of the message. Any opinions or views
presented are solely the responsibility of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of InVADE. We cannot guarantee that this message has not
been modified in transit, and this message should not be viewed as
contractually binding. Although we have taken reasonable steps to ensure
that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in
keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are
actually virus free.

international  phone number +44(0) 117 33 555 00