[asterisk-users] How many Asterisk PBX operating in the World?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Nov 17 10:47:59 CST 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Sevana Oy
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:40 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] How many Asterisk PBX operating in the World?

Hi,

Sorry for maybe not a very list related topic, but I have always been
curious if there is information on how many Asterisk based PBXs are
operating Worldwide?

Thanks and hope the community will not reject my curiosity! :)

Best Regards,
Vallu

Sevana Oy

There is probably not a reliable answer to this question since there are at
least 4 major “flavors” of Asterisk out there (1.0/1.2, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8) and
open and commercial source.   It is reliably > 10,000 and quite possibly
over 100,000 or even over 1 million.  The asterisk folks might be willing to
tell you how many downloads have been done from www.asterisk.org
<http://www.asterisk.org/> , but that wouldn’t tell you the real number.