[asterisk-users] T1 with Robbed Bit Signaling

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Tue Nov 16 14:57:43 CST 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Cary Fitch wrote:

> So you are using RBS for CO to Asterisk, and SIP for Asterisk to subscriber.

In one flavor, yes - our residential dialtone service.  We also have PBX
customers that have their own RBS T1 to the CO for their own use.  SIP
phones on their desktops of course, so I guess its similar, but all within
a LAN.

> How does the Telco send you the called party info and you to them? DTMF?
> What signaling system is being used? E&M or?

DID info comes in via DTMF I believe.  All of our T1s are E&M Wink, ESF.

> We are trying to get DS0 EELs from the Telco via T1s and are not sure what
> their trunk scheme will be. We are guessing it will be RBS T1s with DTMF
> from the customer premises.

To connect two remote offices?  Why don't you use SIP/IAX over the net or
over a tunnel?

At any rate, Dahdi should be able to handle whatever flavor they give you.