[asterisk-users] T1 with Robbed Bit Signaling

Cary Fitch caryf at usawide.net
Tue Nov 16 13:52:51 CST 2010

So you are using RBS for CO to Asterisk, and SIP for Asterisk to subscriber.

How does the Telco send you the called party info and you to them? DTMF?
What signaling system is being used? E&M or?

We are trying to get DS0 EELs from the Telco via T1s and are not sure what
their trunk scheme will be. We are guessing it will be RBS T1s with DTMF
from the customer premises.

To enhance the question:  Is anyone on list getting customer loop EELs from
a US (AT&T) Telco, and if so, what flavor and other details?

Cary Fitch

bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Jeff LaCoursiere

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Cary Fitch wrote:

> Has anyone here used T1s with RBS with asterisk?
>
> Cary Fitch

All of my T1s are RBS.  No PRI service here.  Am using both Digium and
Sangoma cards.
LaCoursiere

How does the Telco send you the called party info and you to them? DTMF?
What signaling system is being used? E&M or ???

We are trying to get DS0 EELs from the Telco via T1s and are not sure what
their trunk scheme will be. We are guessing it will be RBS T1s with DTMF
from the customer premises.

To enhance the question:  Is anyone on list getting customer loop EELs from
a US (AT&T) Telco, and if so, what flavor signaling,  and other details?

Cary Fitch