[asterisk-users] asterisk 1.8 fax woes

Jeremy Kister asterisk-01 at jeremykister.com
Sat Nov 13 15:20:40 CST 2010

On 11/13/2010 3:00 PM, Charles Moye wrote:
> So you made sure to remove the res_fax.so module that was there from 1.6.2?
> Tried cleaning out the modules directory then installing just the 1.8
> modules to be safe?

yes, res_fax is gone, and i tgz'd my modules directory, moved it aside
and re-installed.

>>  When a caller connects, asterisk switches to the fax context and hangs
>>  up the call.

to be clear, as updated, the problem lies before going to the fax extension.

> Have you tried doing tests where you send all calls straight into ReceiveFax
> and disable faxdetect? That may help track down where the problem is at

straight to ReceiveFax works, with faxdetect on & off.

but if i just let the transfer via CNG tone happen and:
exten => fax,1,NoOp( in fax extension )
exten => fax,n,Goto(fax,rx,1)

the call exits before the noop is printed.

The SIP trace shows Asterisk sending a BYE, but the
X-Asterisk-Hangupcause is 'unknown'

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./