[asterisk-users] Official Documentation for Asterisk 1.6 Realtime ODBC Tables

Sherwood McGowan sherwood.mcgowan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:36:22 CST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Brett Woollum <brett at woollum.com> wrote:
> More information:  When I have "rtcachefriends = yes" in sip.conf,
> everything seems fine. With "rtcachefriends = no" I see this behavior.
>
> I'd rather not cache. I'm aiming for as near real-time as possible.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Brett Woollum
> Brett at Woollum.com

That's the problem, you've got rtcache friends turned off. If full
realtime is that important, modify whatever scripts you have that make
updates to your sip accounts to run "asterisk -rx 'sip prune realtime
peer PEERNAME' " and then "asterisk -rx 'sip show peer PEERNAME load'
" after it makes the update to the sip table. That clears Asterisk's
cache for the modified sip peer and then loads the information from
the database. Technically, I believe you might be able to get away
with not clearing the cached info, but I've always played it safe.

Cheers,
Sherwood McGowan
A LOOOOONG Time user of all things Asterisk Realtime