[asterisk-users] "scratchy" sound on TE410P

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Thu Nov 11 15:59:42 CST 2010

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Daniel Tryba wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 02:44:26PM -0500, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
>>> It could be the echo canceller, I had this kind of problem with OSLEC. I
>>> also thought the PRI provider was sending clipped audio. I switched to
>>> the VPM450 daughterboard and since audio has been crystal clear. What is
>>> your setup for echo cancelling?
>>>

>> I inherited this board, and don't think it has the echo canceller
>> daughterboard.  Is there a way to query for it without taking the machine
>> down?  It is loading MG2 otherwise.
>
> My problem seemed to be OSLEC specific (Debian stable with zaptel),
> switching to MG2 made my problems dissapear but overall voice quality is
> lower IMHO. You could try disabling ec all together and check if
> clipping still occurs. But it does sound like an operator problem if you
> get errors.

So it did in fact turn out to be a problem with the link itself.  The
carrier switched line pairs somewhere upstream and everything was back to
normal.  I am curious about the tool "dahdi_maint"... what do the various
acronyms stand for?  I tried to communicate with the line tech the errors
I was seeing accumulate (the first four and the last one), but the
acronyms didn't mean anything to him.  Are they standard telco stuff?  I
reset them after the line repair, and one is still accumulating, though
very slowly.  The "76" is over 24 hours.

root at vigw3:/etc/asterisk# dahdi_maint -s 1
Span 1:
>FEC : 0:
>CEC : 0:
>CVC : 0: