[asterisk-users] "scratchy" sound on TE410P

Daniel Tryba daniel at tryba.nl
Tue Nov 9 09:00:16 CST 2010

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 02:44:26PM -0500, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> >It could be the echo canceller, I had this kind of problem with OSLEC. I
> >also thought the PRI provider was sending clipped audio. I switched to
> >the VPM450 daughterboard and since audio has been crystal clear. What is
> >your setup for echo cancelling?
> >

> I inherited this board, and don't think it has the echo canceller
> daughterboard.  Is there a way to query for it without taking the machine
> down?  It is loading MG2 otherwise.

My problem seemed to be OSLEC specific (Debian stable with zaptel),
switching to MG2 made my problems dissapear but overall voice quality is
lower IMHO. You could try disabling ec all together and check if
clipping still occurs. But it does sound like an operator problem if you
get errors.

--

   Daniel Tryba