[asterisk-users] Reboot any(?) SIP Polycom -- provisioned or no.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Nov 10 15:17:21 CST 2010

Hey, all.  I'm working on making a script to auto-provision my Polycoms.
I wanted one that:

- Gets the MAC by itself
- Fills in the provisioning info you supplied on a web page
- Creates appropriate files
- Reboots the phone (which then gets provisioned)

The last part was the sticking one, though.  I found plenty of ways to
make them reboot -- but most required an already-provisioned phone, kind
of defeating my purpose.

This will work with these two limitations:
* The phone has default username/password
* You don't care about your NAT keepalive time; I imagine most don't.
  (See inline comments for more info.)

If that's your type of thing, enjoy!

-Ken
believed to be clean.