[asterisk-users] Integrating With Asterisk

Mon Nov 8 06:47:46 CST 2010

There are many ways to do this, and very little information to go on.

For instance, if you have Exchange 2007 and a lot of money, you can integrate it with Asterisk using Exchange UM (Unified Messaging). Microsoft charges extra for the premium CALs you need to actually do that. There are also some pitfalls (Microsoft uses SIP over TCP, in Asterisk that mode is experimental. Asterisk usually uses SIP over UDP).

Since your Windows application already exists, you must already have a way to generate voice mails for non-Asterisk systems.  It is entirely possible, and in fact quite likely, that you can leverage whatever mechanism you are using for that.

The more information you give us about your existing Windows application and how it interfaces with phone systems to begin with, the better information you will get.

Also don't forget version information. Which version of Windows, which version of Asterisk, and is there any other software involved?