[asterisk-users] "scratchy" sound on TE410P

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Sun Nov 7 09:26:59 CST 2010

asterisk 1.4.35
dahdi 2.3.0.1+2.3.0
one span on a 4port T1 card

Got complaints this morning that outbound and inbound calls were
"scratchy" and I made a few test calls.  It kind of sounds like the gain
is too high somewhere, and the audio is overdriven.  Is this a problem at
the carrier?  I'm trying to call them now, but it's Sunday morning in the
sticks, and my chances of getting someone with a clue are slim to none.

I restarted dahdi but that had no effect.

I watched dahdi_tool as calls came in and out but there isn't really a lot
of information there.

Sangoma has a cool tool "wanpipemon" that shows error stats and such on
the span.  Is there such a tool for Digium cards?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--

Jeff LaCoursiere