[asterisk-users] useless mpg123 processes hanging around

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Nov 4 16:18:01 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Warren Selby
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:07 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] useless mpg123 processes hanging around

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Jeremy Kister <asterisk-01 at jeremykister.com>
wrote:

Running Asterisk 1.6.2.11 on debian 5.0.6 with mpg123 1.4.3

when i start asterisk, i immediately see two mpg123 processes spawned
which sit there forever.  I can't imagine it's normal behavior, but if
it is, please explain :)

<snip>

# egrep -v '^$|^\;' musiconhold.conf
[general]
                    ; decrease consumable cpu cycles and memory
                    ; disabled by default
[default]
mode=quietmp3
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
sort=random

Anyone have ideas if/how I can change this behavior?

It is because you're using quietmp3 as your mode.

"Normal" Behavior is in the eye of the beholder.  Is "safe-asterisk" the
reason for 2 instances of mpg123? (just for my own information).